Famous People Who Have Used Hypnosis
A few people you may have heard of who have used hypnosis…
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955) physicist – was known to have his hypnosis sessions every afternoon. His theory of relativity came to him during one of these sessions. He also used trance states to develop his ideas.
- Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965) used post-hypnotic suggestions in order to stay awake all night and avoid tiredness during W.W.II.
- Mozart (1756-91) composed the famous opera “Cosi fan tutte” while hypnotized.
- Thomas Edison used hypnosis.
- Car manufacturer and billionaire, Henry Ford was a loyal hypnosis client.
- Jackie Kennedy Onassis used hypnotherapy to relive and let go of tragic events in her life.
- Princess Diana used hypnosis for public speaking and confidence.
- Prince Harry used hypnosis to quit smoking.
- Chopin (1810-1849) pianist and composer both took classes in hypnosis at the University of Strasbourg.
- Mark Knopfler, Matt Damon, Drew Barrymore, Ellen DeGeneres, Ashton Kutcher and Charlize Theron also beat their smoking habit through hypnosis.
- Richard Branson, founder of Virgin Airlines, used hypnosis to prepare for his round-the-world trip in a hot air balloon.
- Martha Stewart – Hypnosis eradicated Martha’s recurring nightmares of jail.
- The Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson used hypnosis for stress reduction.
- Cary Grant overcame insomnia with hypnosis.
Celebrities Who Have Used Hypnosis To Overcome The Fear Of Stuttering Or Speaking In Public
Bruce Willis – Walter Bruce Willis (born March 19, 1955) is a German-born American actor and singer. He came to fame in the late 1980s and has since retained a career as both a Hollywood leading man and a supporting actor. Being the leading actor in some of the greatest action movies Bruce Willis has had stuttering problems throughout his youth and was always scared it would affect his acting career. Fortunately he successfully overcame it.
Tiger Woods – Tiger Woods (born Eldrick Tiger Woods, December 30, 1975) is an American professional golfer whose achievements to date rank him among the most successful golfers of all time. Tiger Woods had stuttering problems at childhood but he overcame it through hard work and practice. He admitted doing everything possible to conquer his speech disorder including talking to his dog until he would fall asleep.
Julia Roberts – Academy Award-winning actress. Julia Fiona Roberts (born October 28, 1967) is an Academy Award winning American film actress and former fashion model. Roberts has become the highest paid actress in the world, topping the annual power list of top earning female stars for four consecutive years. Julia Roberts admitted the fact that she stuttered when she was younger, but she now speaks fluidly and is a respected actress.
Mel Tillis – (born Lonnie Melvin Tillis August 8, 1932) is an American country music singer and songwriter. He was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame and received the lifetime achievement award in 2007. He has also been inducted into the Grand Ole Opry. Tillis and his band, the Statesiders, released such hits as ?I Ain?t Never,? ?Good Woman Blues,? and ?I Believe in You.? His stutter developed during his childhood, a result of a bout of malaria.
- Johnny Mathis overcame stage fright with hypnosis
- Winona Ryder used Hypnosis to Quit Smoking.
- Sylvester Stallone worked with hypnotist while filming Rocky in 1975.
- Mel Gibson underwent hypnosis to help him deal with his problems.
- Courtney Love used hypnosis to control weight.
- Bruce Willis used hypnosis to help stop his stuttering.
- Michael Jackson sought help with hypnosis to overcome musical mental blocks and to aid relaxation.
- Samuel L Jackson used hypnosis to stop smoking.
- Daryl Hannah used hypnosis to end her debilitating stage fright.
- Kelly Rippa of the TV show Regis &
Kelly,used hypnosis to overcome her fear of flying.
- Hollywood actor Aaron Eckhart has credited hypnosis with changing his life forever after he used the practice to give up smoking and alcohol.
- Lloyd Bridges (of “Sea Hunt”), was hypnotized by Pat Collins.
- Kevin Costner flew his personal hypnotist to Hawaii to cure his seasickness.
- Pitching great Sandy Koufax used hypnosis to reduce his smoking habit.
- Steve Allen and Linda Christian became board-rigid across chairs in cataleptic trances.
- Florence Henderson of the Brady Bunch resolved her fear of flying through hypnotherapy. “I took classes on hypnosis and eventually became a certified hypnotherapist,”
- Billy Joel used hypnosis.
- Britney Spears used hypnosis.
Reddy isan Australian-American singer and actress … and now practices as a clinical hypnotherapist and motivational speaker.
- Tony Curtis removed his fear of flying with hypnosis.
- Orson Wells was also a hypnotist.
- Ventriloquist Paul Winchell was also a hypnotist.
- James Earl Jones famous actor and voice of Darth Vader (Star Wars) and Mufasa (Lion King) used hypnosis to overcome stuttering.
- Dolly Parton, the country singer/
song-writerused hypnosis to improve her song writingability.
- Lilly Tomlin a famous American and Canadian comedian used hypnosis to become more creative in her comedy writing and performing.
- Lana Turner married her 7th husband who was a hypnotist. The marriage ended after only six months. Dr. Dante a hypnotist went to prison after putting out a contract killing of another hypnotist.
- Hitler was trained in hypnosis. As we know, Hitler was a successful hypnotist. (He became blind during WWI but regained his sight with the aid of hypnosis.) Once Hitler had gained sufficient expertise in hypnosis, he had the Gestapo shoot his hypnotist instructor (1933).
To say that sports hypnosis is starting to go mainstream is a bit of an understatement. Sports hypnosis has actually been used by athletes for many decades. For example, the Russian Olympic team took 11 hypnotists with them to the 1956 Olympic Games in Melbourne.
- In The Beijing 2008 Olympics USA Olympic Skeet Gold Medalists worked with a hypnotist.
- England cricket captain Mike Brearley consulted a Sports Hypnotherapist to improve his game.
- Gaganjeet Bhullar qualified for the 2009 British Open by using Golf Hypnosis administrated by a hypnotherapist to program a winning
- Boxing hypnosis has been used by many Champions throughout the years:
- In 1996 Steve Collins beat Chris Eubank for the World Boxing Organization’s Super-middleweight title. Much of his sports success being attributed to the focusing of attention created by hypnosis. Collins was programmed to deliver two punches to Eubank’s one. In the fight Eubank threw 300 punches, Collins threw over 600.
- Nigel Benn, WBC Super Middleweight Champion and Frank Bruno, WBC Heavyweight Champion both used Sports hypnosis for Boxing performance enhancement.
- In 1959 Swedish boxer Ingmar Johannson used Hypnosis to take the heavyweight boxing title from Floyd Patterson, he floored Patterson seven times in the third round before knocking him out.
- In 1967, a dentist, Dr. Raymond Abrezol, guided the Swiss ski team to achieving Olympic gold medals using hypnotic techniques.
- In 1973 Ken Norton used hypnosis to defeat Muhammed Ali. Ali then also began using hypnosis.
- Hypnosis help Billy Mills win his gold medal in Olympics 1964.
Short stopOzzie Smith of the St. Louis Cardinals used hypnosis
- 1959 Ingmar Johnson used a hypnotist before defeating Floyd Patterson for the boxing heavyweight championship.
- 1973, heavily the underdog, Ken Norton used hypnosis to not only defeat Muhammed
Ali,but also break his jaw.
- 1976 Rod Carew used hypnosis to cure a nagging injury that almost ended his career.
- Jimmy Connors used hypnosis before all of his U.S. Open victories.
- In 1984 Mary Lou Retton used hypnosis to prepare for the Los Angeles Olympics.
- In 1983 the Chicago White Sox hired a hypnotist and made the playoffs.
- Phil Jackson used hypnosis with all his championship basketball teams with the Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Lakers.
- In baseball Nolan Ryan, George Brett, Maury Wills, Don Sutton, and Mark McGuire all report using hypnosis to prepare for games.
- Tiger Woods is an excellent example of an incredible athlete who has used hypnosis to achieve a phenomenal level of success in golf. He has reportedly been utilizing powerful self-hypnosis techniques since his early teens.
- Michael Jordan Probably the best basketball player of all time. He used hypnosis in his team the Chicago Bulls.
- Jack Nicklaus (golf pro) openly claims that hypnotherapy and visualization techniques are the sole reason for his improved levels of concentration during play.
- Andre Agassi, the famous tennis player used hypnosis to win 17 gold masters. Energy, control, focus, strength
- Rod Carew This baseball player used hypnosis to make him one of the best players ever.
O’nealThis excellent basketball player used hypnosis with the Los Angeles Lakers with Kobe Bryant for better aim energy and skill.
- Frank Bruno used hypnosis during his boxing career to focus on winning each fight.
- Andy Cole footballer used hypnosis to become the 2nd best goal scorer.
- Dexter Jackson used hypnosis in 2008 to become the Mr.Olympia Winner.
- Dan Luger used hypnosis often to lead the edge in the world of rugby.
- Tiger Woods often used hypnosis to keep away distractions.
- Adam Nelson won numerous gold and silver Olympic medals for shot
puttingwith the help of hypnosis.
- Bill Buckner, World famous top pro baseball player with many titles and credits used hypnosis to win.
- Steve Hooker, Olympic Gold Medalist Pole Vault holder used hypnotism to win a gold medal in Beijing.
- Jimmy Conners took advantage of the power of hypnosis and won 148 titles and 8 grand slams.
- Kevin McBride This top Irish boxer beat Tyson with the aid of hypnosis and extra mind Power.
- Shannon Bharke Olympic
free styleskier became a World cup champion and silver medalist with the help of hypnosis.
- Cory Everson Female bodybuilder won
the MissOlympia over six times. Cory uses mind power and hypnosis to shape her physique.
- Dorian Yates This massive British bodybuilder won
the Mr.Olympia 7 times beating Arnold using hypnosis.
- The Pittsburg Steelers used hypnosis.
- Walton Glenn Eller, of Katy, Texas won the Gold Medal and set two Olympic Records in Men’s Double Trap with hypnosis.
- Top Equestrian Winners at Wellington use hypnosis to boost their wins.
- The entire 1983 Chicago White Sox team used hypnosis to help win their division and reach the playoffs that year.
- Chuck Clausen (former coach of the Philadelphia Eagles) used hypnosis.
- Tampa Bay Lightning (goaltender Kevin Weekes and center Brad Richards) NHL hockey players spoke of their use of hypnotism in the St. Petersburg Times.
- Shannon Bahrke, Olympic mogul skier discussed on the official NBC Olympic website about her and the Olympics team use of hypnosis.
- Bill Buckner professional major league baseball player for the Chicago Cubs and Los Angeles Dodgers used hypnosis to become one of the best hitters in the MLB.
- Jim Eisenreich professional major league baseball player for the Minnesota Twins used hypnosis to get over
- Adam Nelson Olympic Silver Medalist in
shotput spoke to NPR about using hypnotism to win Olympic medals.
- Ivan Thomas won the 400m world cup race after using hypnosis.
Rushwortha PGA Golf professional uses hypnosis to work on her mental game.
- Damion Easley a famous Anaheim Angles and Detroit Tigers Major League
- Baseball player became a public speaker using hypnosis.
- Professional boxer Tommy “2 guns” Griffith used hypnotism to prepare for fights.
- Jeff Jaeger NFL kicker for the Oakland Raiders used hypnosis to perform better.
- Bill Bates NFL safety for the Dallas Cowboys also used hypnosis to perform better.
- Vincent Hancock became an Olympic Gold Medalist in Skeet Shooting using hypnosis.
- Bob Reese, the head trainer
andhypnotherapist of the New York Jets uses relaxation and visualization techniques to reprogram his players.
- Olympic skater Dorothy Hamill utilized hypnosis.
- Mark McGuire has used a sports psychologist/hypnotist.
Famous People Who Have Used Hypnosis For Career Success
Carl Jung and Sigmund Freud developed modern psychiatry as a result of learning about and practicing hypnosis.
Mozart (1756-91) apparently composed the famous opera “Cosi fan tutte” while hypnotized.
Albert Einstein (1879-1955) physicist – was known to go into a trance through self-hypnosis every afternoon. His theory of relativity came to him during one of these sessions. He also used trance states to develop his ideas.
Lord Tennyson Alfred (1809-92) wrote complete poems while hypnotized.
Thomas Edison used self—hypnosis on a regular basis
Aldous Huxley used trance-like states to explore the nature of Consciousness.
Rachmaninov (1873-1943) reputedly composed one of his concertos following a post-hypnotic suggestion.
Sir Winston Churchill used post-hypnotic suggestions in order to stay awake and carry out his duties as Prime Minister during WWII.
Chelsea Handler, Mark Knopfler, Matt Damon, Drew Barrymore, Ellen DeGeneres, Ben Affleck, Ashton Kutcher, Ewan McGregor, Adele and Charlize Theron beat their smoking habit through hypnosis.
And… you might ask yourself, what do all these people have in common?
Wayne Gretzky, Sidney Crosby, Kevin Weekes, Guillame Latendresse, Fred Richards, Dorothy Hamill, Kerri Strug, Greg Louganis, Tiger Woods, Ronnie Lott, Jack Youngblood, Kirk Gibson, Bonnie Baun, Lance Armstrong, Mohammed Ali, Jack Nicholas, Gertrude Ederle, Nancy Kerrigan, Billie Jean King, Dale Earnhardt, Allison Rodger, Mike Brearly, Gaganjeet Bhullar, Steve Collins, Nigel Benn, Frank Bruno, Ingemar Johansson, Ken Norton, Iwan Thomas, Ian Woosnam, Greg Louganis, Billy Mills, Ozzie Smith, Steve Booker, Michael Jordan, Ingemar Johannson, Los Angeles Lakers, Rod Carew, Jimmy Connors, Mary Lou Retton, Chicago White Sox, Phil Jackson, Chicago Bulls, Nolan Ryan, George Brett, Maury Wills, Don Sutton, Mark Mcguire, Greg Louganis, Steve Stone, Boomer Esiason, Freeman Mitchell, Talmadge Griffiths, Andre Agassi, Shaquille O’Neal, Frank Bruno, Kobe Bryant, Andy Cole, Dexter Jackson, Dan Lugar, Adam Nelson, Bill Buckner, Pittsburgh Steelers, Dorian Yates, Corey Everson, Shannon Bahrke, Jim Eisenreich, Adam Nelson, Ivan Thomas, Deanna Rushworth, Damion Easley, Tommy “t2 Guns” Griffith, Jeff Jaeger, Bill Bates, Vincent Hancock, Bob Reese, New York Jets, Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto Blue Jays, Montréal Canadians… and thousands of professional athletes belonging to the NBA, NHL, CFL, AFL, MLB, NASCAR, World Olympic Teams, MMA, UFC, WBC, WBA, WTI, ATP, PGA, UCI…
Celebrities Who Have Used Hypnosis For Personal Improvement
Martha Stewart underwent hypnosis for recurring nightmares and was able to overcome them.
Sylvester Stallone worked with the famous hypnotherapist Gil Boyne while filming Rocky in 1975.
Hollywood actor Aaron Eckhart has credited hypnosis with changing his life forever after he used the practice to give up smoking and alcohol.
Adele used a hypnotherapist to help her lose weight.
Kevin Costner flew his personal hypnotist to Hawaii to cure his seasickness.
Jackie Kennedy Onassis used hypnotherapy to relive and let go of tragic events in her life.
Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965) politician used post-hypnotic suggestions in order to stay awake all night and
avoid tiredness during W.W.II.
Reese Witherspoon has used hypnosis to overcome her insecurities.
According to the Cambridge Times web site, the 38-year-old actress said that years of being told she was too fat or short for Hollywood roles had taken their toll on her self esteem, so she turned to hypnosis for a confidence boost before taking on the role of Cheryl Strayed in ‘Wild’.